Whahahaaaa!! I just got nominated for the Liebster Award by Tiana from Single Serving Friends 😀 Very, very exciting and a great big honour! This is an online award given by bloggers to new bloggers and is a great way to network and get noticed. Thaaank you, Tiana!!
First, the rules…
- Thank the blogger nominated you ~ include a link back to their website.
- Answer the eleven questions they ask you.
- Nominate other bloggers with less than 500 followers.
- Ask those bloggers eleven questions.
- Let the bloggers know that they have been nominated so they can continue the chain.
And here come the 11 questions and my answers 🙂
- Where in the world are you now and what are you doing?
- At this very moment, I’m in Singapore. Family stuff going on, and I’m here with my mom, dad and sister.
- What is your favorite travel souvenir?
- I usually get two postcards from every city. I send one to my family and I keep one for myself. I’m open to better ideas, though, so if anyone has any, I’d love to hear them!
- Have you ever run into a helpful local who got you out of a sticky situation?
- Multiple times! My favourite story is when I was stranded literally in the middle of nowhere, somewhere in Slovakia. No buses to take, and wilderness all around. And a very helpful family (who I didn’t share a single common language with) picked me up and dropped me to my hostel about 40minutes away! How we communicated is still a mystery to me. That was, incidentally, the very first time I hitchhiked 🙂
- What is your favorite mode of transportation?
- My own two feet 🙂 I walk a lot, I walk EVERYWHERE! I never need to buy bus or metro tickets anywhere I visit, because I never use them. All distances are walkable… Some just take longer than others!
- What is your favorite city/country you’ve been to?
- Hmmm… This one is hard. It’s tough to choose, particularly between Wroclaw and Ljubljana. I can list a whole lot more favorites, but that kind of defeats the point.
- What are the top 3 places/things on your bucket list right now?
- I have an entire Bucket List. Though my top 3 right now would be Iceland, Disney World and slow travel in Greece (I don’t know why I’m so drawn to that last idea these days).
- What do you find to be the best and worst part about being a travel blogger?
- Hmm, well the two best things I’d say are the fact that I get to meet so many like-minded people, and that I’m pretty much creating an eternal journal (something I couldn’t bring myself to do with a physical notebook and pen!). The worst? Sometimes it’s disappointing to see a lot of effort go unnoticed. I mean, plenty of visitors and page views are great, but a couple of comments would be nice, no? 😛
- How much time do you spend per day on your blog?
- When I’m in ‘the zone’, I can spend hours and hours for days on end,neglecting everything else (my thesis time went by somewhat like that. Oops), and if I’m not in the mood so much, I can ignore the nagging voice in my head for a month or so (bad, bad girl!).
- What is your favorite strange food you’ve tried in another country?
- Aaaah, not much! Kangaroo meat, rabbit meat, fruit soup… Oh! Chicken feet in Singapore… But nothing truly exotic. I’m waiting to go to the other SE Asian countries and have my fill of insects and Balut (I wonder if I’ll be able to through with that, though).
- How do you fund your travels?
- So far, I give the credit to my Mom and Dad XD I was a student, so it’s okay 😉
- If you could choose to live anywhere, where would it be?
- India. Without a doubt. No matter how many countries I’ve seen or will see… Home will always be home!
Okay, now, my nominations…
- Oindrila De of Oindrila Goes Footloose
- Neha Bhujang of The Wanderer’s Ways
- Aditi Roy of My Dream Travels
And, finally, my 11 questions!
- Who or what inspired you to start blogging?
- Which, do you think, is your most under-appreciated post? Link to it while answering so we all can see it!
- Do you travel solo or with people? Who’s your favourite travel companion?
- Which experience was terrifying at the time, but now is a great story that you wouldn’t trade for anything?
- How long do you think you’ll keep blogging? 😛
- What’s the best and worst thing about having an Indian passport?
- Other than India, where would you like to live?
- Do you tend to gain or lose weight while traveling?
- What is that one exotic food you would love to eat, but are still wary of trying?
- When you’re in a scary situation, what do you tell yourself to be less scared?
- Where did you find the best coffee you’ve ever had? (This question is important to me!!)
Okay! That’s all for today. Oindrila, Neha and Aditi… Make sure you let me know when you’re done! Looking forward to your answers!!