- Coming soon!
- A glimpse of Brasov, and the best coffee I’ve ever had
- More Info
- Stay Kismet Dao Hostel
- Don’t Miss The best cappuccino (I’ve ever had) in Cafeteca.
- Romania starts looking up! Sibiu!!
- More Info
- Stay Old Town Hostel
- Don’t Miss A walk down to the farmer’s market for a snack of artisanal cheeses made by little old ladies (and free samples!)- I couldn’t find any free samples. If you go, you got to do this for me!
More About Romania
- They smoke a lot! There is no ban on smoking in public places, and I am really very okay with dealing with smoke… But I still had to exit a couple of restaurants because I couldn’t handle it (and couldn’t see anything through the haze either).
- They seem rather surly and don’t smile without reason, but some of the friendliest people I’ve met are Romanians.
- Indian passport holders BEWARE! If you have a Schengen visa, you are only allowed in the country for 5 days including the days you travel in and out, and you better have proof of exit on you. Or else you will have to go through a LOT of grief and humiliation.
- Much as I loved Romania, my immigration experience there partly inspired this post about my nationality.
- Currency- Romanian Lei